Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Love

Lately I've been thinking a lot about relationships and love. And ironically, I've had a few of my single girlfriends mention to me that they like a guy a lot but are afraid of telling them how they feel because they don't want to get hurt.

Believe me, I get it.

No one wants to get hurt.

Relationships are hard. Especially in Los Angeles where so many people are busy pursuing their "dream" of writing a screenplay or being in a band or making a movie or what have you.

But if you are lucky enough to find someone you like and have romantic feelings for, why not give it your all?

I mean, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

And sure, no one wants to be the first one to put their heart on the line. What if the other person doesn't feel the same way?

Relationships, even good ones, take a lot of time and effort on both sides.

But you know what?

Life is short.

Live a little.

Take a chance.

Tell someone how you feel.

And if that's too scary, try showing them.

What do you really have to lose?

You may not get the answer you want. But just think - what if you do?

Life is short.

If someone is already spending a lot of time with you and has expressed to you how they feel, you have to meet them half way.

What if you're the one getting in the way of your own happiness?

So, I dedicate this post to my 2 girlfriends in Los Angeles (you know who you are.)

Let your guard down.

What's the worst that could happen?

No comments: