Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How ya been?

I have a lot on my mind lately and I was thinking that I don't have any outlet for all my thoughts besides my journal at home.

Then I remembered, "Wait, I have a blog."

I read through some of my older posts.  Yikes.  What a mess these past few years have been.

And I don't mean to come across as "Debbie Downer" or anything.

I met someone recently who said, "Happiness is all about managing expectations.  If you have your mom, sister and 2-7 people in your life who matter/care, that's really all you need."

That is very wise and very true.

But I don't have any close family nearby and I'm an only child so that kinda rules out the "mom and sister" stuff and leaves friends.

But in Los Angeles, I don't really have friends.

I have acquaintances.  And even those people, while cool, mainly care about themselves.  That's not complaining - it's just reality.

I should stop complaining and just realize that life is the way it is.  No amount of complaining is going to change that.

Luckily, I've met some super cool people over the past few months.  They are real and invite me to hang out all the time and legitimately seem to care about me and what's going on in my life.  You know.  True friends and friendship.

You don't need a lot of people to make your life better.

Sometimes all you need is one.

No comments: