Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Argh - is there anyone sane in LA?

I really am amazed at the lack of sanity in LA.

Sure, LA has a bad rep for the "crazies" but it seems to be getting progressively worse each year that I'm here.

Maybe it started with the housing boom and as rent prices and real estate prices went up, so left more and more of my friends with kids (or friends with a kid) as of course it makes sense to live somewhere cleaner, safer, and cheaper than LA if you have little ones.

So now I fear that LA is just the way it is and it will never get better.

It's declined the past 3-5 years I'd say and while I keep sticking it out here hoping things will recover, will they?

I'd like to think so.

The optimistic in me says, "yeah, stick it out".

But somewhere in my heart I fear the truth is LA will never go back to the way it was. The great days of the late 90's when everyone here was happy, making good money and the energy was good.

Is it time to plan my escape?

Maybe.

You may see my next post from somewhere unexpected...

No comments: