Saturday, October 10, 2009

How to be successful in business & blogging - consistency

I'm a very consistent person.

And after years of developing relationships from keeping in touch with people, I'm noticing something.

Many people aren't consistent.

Take blogs for example.

I follow 4 friend's blogs on here.

And you know what?

Only 1 of 4 has updated their blog in the past 6 months.

6 months!!?!

Now I know we all get busy but what's the point in blogging if you're not going to well, keep doing it?

How can you develop a following if you don't update your blog regularly?

But people are fickle.

So I just unsubscribed from 3 of the 4 blogs.

Nicole, if you're reading this, you're the only one left.

I believe one of the KEYS to success in business, not just blogging but ANY business, is consistency.

Didn't anyone see "Julie & Julia"? She had to keep blogging and then she finally developed a following!

Why start something you're not going to continue?

If you haven't updated your blog in 6+ months you might as well delete it now.

And leave for blogspace for the rest of us :)

No comments: