Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moving

When do you move?

It's a topic I've been thinking a *lot* about these past few days, weeks and months.

Because I've grown increasingly unhappy with life on the west coast.

And yet it's a hard lifestyle to give up.

Life in LA is so easy compared to the east coast.

Just dealing with the weather every day - from the heat and humidity of the summer where you sweat like Bernie Madoff in a room full of angry investors, to the cold snow and harsh rain, the weather impacts your life every day. I hate the cold.

But I think I hate shady people even more.

I moved out to LA because I wanted to work in the entertainment business. I bet you've heard that one before.

And it worked out pretty well I have to say.

But as the economy continues to spiral down, I have lately come to the conclusion that it's not worth it anymore. I love music and I love what I do but is it worth behaving horribly just to stay in the business?

And lord knows if I'd continued working in the Internet field, I'm pretty sure my pay would be astronomical right now. Imagine, me with 10+ years of Internet experience.

This is a really hard decision.

Because there are so many things I will miss about LA. The weather. The beach. Some of my friends here.

But it's a hollow, empty shell of what it used to be. It's no longer "fun" and carefree. Instead, the nice parts of the west side of LA have been overrun by foreigners. Rich, unfriendly foreigners as they are evidently the only ones who can afford to live around here.

Ugh.

I never thought in a million years that I would move back to the east coast.

But I think, as I get older, I realize quality of life means more than good weather.

It means being around people who are caring and not flakes.

So I guess it's time to pack my bags.

Maybe with global warming the winters won't be so bad...

No comments: